XRS2 Stick Reader
The XRS2 stick reader is the ideal data capture instrument for your electronically tagged livestock. It’s suitable for cattle, sheep, goats, alpaca and other farm animals. One of the most useful features of the XRS2 is a large 2.7”, easily readable, colour LCD screen, which works well: even in bright sunlight. Its long reach gives the farm worker a better safety margin than older models, if large livestock are agitated.
The alphanumeric keypad is flexible for managing all your data capture requirements, out in the thick of ever more varied herds and flocks. The extensive keypad enables you to add and edit session names easily, to keep track of each session. It’s simple and fast to work through your animals with factory predefined settings. Alternatively, save your own favourite settings to easily switch between jobs: on a farm with mixed livestock.
Reads Most EID Livestock Tags
The XRS2 Stick Reader reads all ISO HDX and FDX-B tags fast. Every successful read gives feedback through vibrations in the handle. It’s easy to capture animal data in up to 15 custom data fields available in the large 1 megabyte memory. It’s even customisable with alerts such as instructions to cull individual animals when identified.
The Connectable Stick Reader
Fitted with Bluetooth® wireless technology, your reader connects easily to your Tru-Test Weigh Scale Indicator and lets you share information via your smartphone. You can easily download recorded data using a Windows computer or Apple iOS/Android smartphone.
The XRS2 Stick Reader’s Helpful Features
- Data Capture. Read and store up to 15 customised data points for each animal, such as breed, sex, DOB and condition score.
- Large memory. 1 million scanned tag memory.
- Wireless connection. Bluetooth® wireless technology for operation while connected to the weigh scale
- Long life and fast charging battery. Up to 19 hours of push to read operation and 9.5 hours of continuous read.
- Free software. Easily download recorded information using your Windows* computer, iPhone* or Android* smartphone.
- Read tag performance. Reads up to 1,100 tags per minute.
- Alerts. Set alerts for pre-selected animals.
- Easy to see. Large sunlight viewable 2.7” (41 mm x 55 mm) colour LCD screen makes it easy to read information.
- Long reach. 650 mm reach length enables you to keep a safe distance when scanning lively animals.
- Ergonomically designed. Comfortable to use over long periods of time.
- Rugged design. All Tru-Test products are proven for the tough agricultural environment, with an IP67 waterproof design.